Wednesday 28 September 2011

2.5 hrs = Awesome Flower bed

I've been dying to get my hands on a couple Hydrangeas’ this summer. They are so beautiful with their giant balls of multiple blossoms and rich colour. AND they come in a variety of colours and sizes, SO you'll be able to find one that is perfect for your own backyard too! Now is the perfect time to go shopping for perennials because everything is on sale and the nurseries just want to sell, sell, and sell, to make room to grow new stock for next year! So I finally found two - both are different sizes and colours but both are equally gorgeous! Then I had to find a home for them in my backyard ... so I decided, well hey, let’s just make a new flower bed. So the digging began... 













I started out first by mapping out the area that I wanted to dig my flower bed. I mapped out the area by using a garden hose to manipulate the shape or outline that I wanted the flower bed to be. Then I started digging :) So I dug and dug and after little more digging ... I dug some more ... It was a rather satisfying project and didn't really take that long either. After 2.5 hours (roughly). It was well worth the digging and hard work because it really paid off in the end!




Like I said, it was well worth it!!! I'm so happy with how it turned out! The Hydrangeas that I used were Dwarf "Little Lime" and beautiful "Pink Lush". I love them!  Then 3 Hosta's in between and on either side. 



I chose that particular shape for the bed specifically because it needed to be easy to maintain the grass around it! Easy enough 
with a small push mower anyway.






























What are some of your best made flower beds, or just some that you are so proud to call your own? What is your inspiration behind your creations?

Let us know, we'd love to hear about your projects or inspirations!

No comments:

Post a Comment